Over 120,000 people in the U.S. are waiting for an organ transplant. It’s estimated that every day in the U.S. 21 patients die because of the lack of donor organs. Being an organ donor is a generous and worthwhile decision that can be a lifesaver.
1. Be socially responsible – 95% of Americans are for organ donation but only 54% are registered donors.
2. People of African-American/Black, Asian/Pacific Islander, Hispanic/Latino, American Indian/Alaska Native and multiracial descent currently make up nearly 58% of individuals on the national organ transplant waiting list. These communities are in great need of more organ and tissue donors.
3. 22 people die each year waiting for a transplant. That’s 8,030 deaths a year that could have been prevented!
4. There is NO COST to the donor’s family or estate for donation.
5. If it were YOU on the receiving end, wouldn’t you want people to donate?
Dr. Shanicka is a board certified family medicine physician with a passion for empowering individuals to take control of their health. Dr. Shanicka is licensed and able to treat patients virtually across 14 states and coaches individuals nationally. If you would like to learn more about Dr. Shanicka, or to book for personal transformational health coaching or speaking engagements visit her website @ www.drshanicka.com