Getting fit seems to be getting harder for many in today’s world. If you’re one of the lucky people, you are able to go to a high stress job so you can earn enough money to pay your bills and even go out sometimes. Yes, you are working and because of that, you may tell yourself that you don’t have enough time to get fit.
If you are not working, then you have enough time to do workouts. But you may tell yourself that you don’t have enough money to join a gym because you are unemployed.
I’m going to introduce you to 7 ways you can get fit and then stay that way.
1. Eat a good breakfast. It’s been said that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Here’s why, our bodies went through a fast overnight and has depleted its energy stores. Breakfast that consist of a high quality protein and high quality carbohydrates will help to kick-start your day with the energy and nutrition that it needs. It will also provide you with energy to work out in the mornings.
2. Eat 3 main meals and at least 2 small snacks during the day. Yes, eating throughout the day will keep your metabolism going as well as your energy. It is vitally important that you continue with high quality meals. By dinner time, that should be your smallest meal. Your body starts preparing itself for sleep and the metabolism will naturally slow down. You won’t need a lot of calories prior to sleep, though you will need some.
3. Move throughout the day. Continuous movement is important to keep your fat burning going. The movement can be things like walking, lifting things, housework, gardening, and even some exercising.
4. Pick a specific time to engage in a regular exercise routine. This will help you to stay consistent. By being consistent, you’ll maintain and even help your fitness level. During this time you can focus on proper techniques and muscle growth. You can even add some high intensity exercise – like interval training and circuit training. You can do many exercise routines at home or in your local park. There are good exercise routines that will challenge you that last less than 20 minutes. Those include the previous mentioned interval training and circuit training.
5. Do some mental training. Training your mind through meditation, visualization, and self-hypnosis will help you to relax so your stress and anxiety levels will be reduced. When they are reduced, stress hormones will be reduced. When stress hormones are reduced, you’ll also reduce levels of fat being deposited in your midsection. Mental training will also help you with your motivation to exercise and to eat right.
6. Get support from those around you. Support is very important to keep you on track. Many people have been defeated simply by the support they didn’t have. If you have to get support outside your family, then do it. A life coach, a friend, or a therapist can all help.
7. Write your goals down for what you want to achieve. You can do this in the form of SMART goals. Ask yourself this, “Are your goals specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and time-bound.”
Get out and take action. You only need personal motivation to do so. The only thing that stops you is you. If you need support then do it. Writing down your goals prior to the first steps may help.
I believe that you will get fit and stay there.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com