Christians make me sick when they are judgmental, hypocritical, self-centered, weird and just plain stupid. You know the ones who think it’s all about them, their style of worship, their style of music and their style of dress. They only want to hang out with people who look like them, people who act like them and people who have the same supercilious attitude they have. Heaven forbid them being willing interact with prostitutes, addicts, homeless, poor and individuals whom are of “The World.” Do you know some Christians who make you sick? Are you sometimes that Christian that makes yourself sick? Personally, I am sometimes that Christian who makes myself sick; however I try to be that Christian that honors what Christ teaches, which is the antithesis of everything I have discussed. Here are a couple of thoughts and questions to ponder:
- When was the last time you had a conversation with someone who was poor, homeless, drug-addicted and “Of the World?”
- When was the last time that you or your church contributed your time or money towards doing something significant for a needy part of your community?
- When you go to church is it all about what you can get, or is it about what you can give?
- Does the term “SeekerChurch” seem weird or refer to someonelse’s ministry and not yours?
- Have you shared your faith with someone today or this week?
It’s time to get sick and tired of sick and tired Christians. However, at the end of the day we must pray that God will change their hearts.
Scott Williams is a speaker, strategist, consultant and developer of leaders. He is an avid blogger at BigIsTheNewSmall.com and leverages Social Media to make a Kingdom impact. Scott is passionate about leadership development, organizational growth, and diversity. He is the author of “Church Diversity – Sunday The Most Segregated Day of the Week.” Scott is married, a father of two, and lives in Oklahoma City, OK.