Week 14 and the time has run out on a lot of teams. There are some that feel they still have a chance, but they are living in dreamland. Meanwhile, there are others that need a win this week to keep them on Cloud Nine. Some will get that elusive win they need while others will fall flat and start their tumble. Such is the action that happens late in the season where late pushes and flounders happen. Welcome to the General’s Proclamations for Week 14!
Oakland Raiders at Kansas City Chiefs
- The Raiders passing game has been scary with Derek Carr at the helm. But there is a guy in the Chiefs’ secondary that is equally scary and his name is Eric Berry. Look for the veteran safety to get Carr at least once in this game via an interception. And he just might run it back for a touchdown.
- The Raiders defense has been fueled by Khalil Mack. And in this game, he will once again make some things happen. Look for him to have at least one sack in this game versus the Chiefs.
- The Raiders have been putting up numbers this year offensively. Well in this game, look for them to fall back a little bit. The Raiders will not score over 23 points in this game.
Pittsburgh Steelers at Buffalo Bills
- The Bills are very good at running the football. And in this game, expect them to run the football very well. Look for Shady McCoy to have over 100 yards rushing and one touchdown versus the Steelers.
- The Steelers got a glimpse of what they expected last week from tight end Ladarius Green. And in this game, they will get a little bit more of what they expected. Look for Green to have over 80 yards receiving and another touchdown.
- The Bills can bring pressure from all angles. And one of those guys that can bring pressure is Jerry Hughes. Look for the energetic pass rusher to get to Big Ben not one but two times.
Denver Broncos at Tennessee Titans
- The Denver Broncos are coming off a good defensive game against the Jacksonville Jaguars. But in this one, the Titans will show up more than the Jags did against the Broncos. Look for Denver to give up at least 25 points in this game.
- The Titans defensive backs have a tough task this week in taking on Emmanuel Sanders and Demaryius Thomas. Look for this dynamic duo to have some fun, as they both get near or over 100 yards receiving.
- The Broncos defensive backs will have a tough task in stopping tight end Delanie Walker. Look for the veteran tight end to get at least six receptions with 90 yards receiving at least and one touchdown.
Washington Redskins at Philadelphia Eagles
- The Redskins did not play as well while in the desert last weekend. But in this one, they get to see the Eagles secondary and that should light up Kirk Cousins’ eyes. Look for Cousins to have at least 275 yards passing and three touchdowns.
- The Eagles offense have been a little bit of a rut since their bye week. Well looking at this game, the rut may continue as the offense will not get over 300 yards of total yardage in this game.
- The Redskins have a hothead on their team and his name is Josh Norman. Look for him to get at least one holding or pass interference penalty in this game.
Arizona Cardinals at Miami Dolphins |
To read entire article go to : www.sportsawakening.com/nfl/gp-14-2/
The General Mike Patton is an up-and-coming writer from Nashville, TN who brings a fresh and non-biased opinion about sports. From his radio experience in Nashville to his time as a sports writer for Free’s World, the website for radio personality and former cohost of BET’s 106 and Park Free (www.freesworld.com), The General is definitely one you want to get to know in the sports world. You can catch his work on SPORTSAWAKENING.COM. Mike grew up rooting for the San Francisco 49ers, Chicago Bulls and Chicago Cubs, and remains a passionate sports fan who expresses intelligent opinions. (Click on profile pic for more articles)