The halfway point is almost here in the NFL season. And injuries are rampant. Big players like Ben Roethlisberger are out for an extended amount of time. And while players like Ben and others are out, that leaves teams trying to fill their spots and make it happen still. Some will be able to make the adjustment and still win, while others will be still stuck in neutral trying to pick up the pieces. But hey, that is why they play the game. Without further ado, here are the General’s Proclamations for Week 7!
Chicago Bears at Green Bay Packers
- Aaron Rodgers has been struggling this season, missing open receivers and throwing dangerous throws. Everyone thinks something is wrong with him, but in this game, he silences those doubts for a little bit at least. Look for him to throw for three touchdowns and 225 yards and no interceptions.
- There is one dynamic running back to watch in this game and he wears a Bears uniform. Jordan Howard has been solid as a rookie. But in this one, he gets shut down. The Packers are not happy from last week’s rush defense performance and don’t allow Howard to get over 50 yards rushing.
- The Packers defensive backs are beat up coming into this one. And that is a perfect thing for the Bears offense to see. Look for Brian Hoyer to throw for at least two touchdowns. But of course, he will throw one costly interception.
New York Giants at Los Angeles Rams
- Wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. really got going last game versus the Ravens. And in this game, he has a decided advantage. Look for him to go for over 100 yards again while scoring one time and giving us more of his kicking net love affair.
- The Rams have been an interesting offensive team. Well, this week, they get a little Gurley as in Todd Gurley. Look for the second-year running back to go for over 100 yards against the Giants run defense and yes, he will be making reservations for six at least once in this game.
- The Giants defensive line has been a disappointment. They have not brought the pressure many thought they would. But in this one, they get it going a little bit. Look for Jason Pierre-Paul and Olivier Vernon to combine for four sacks versus the Rams.
New Orleans Saints at Kansas City Chiefs
- Drew Brees had a great game against the Panthers last week (seems every quarterback has a great week against the Panthers these days), but he will not have that great a game in Arrowhead stadium. Look for him to throw two touchdowns, but he will also two interceptions, including one to Chiefs defensive back Marcus Peters.
- Kansas City needs their running game to be big for them in this one. And with running back Jamaal Charles back in the fold, I think they get that. Look for him to score his first touchdown of the season and give them that explosive play they need at the position.
- The Chiefs and the Saints are both teams that can put up points. But in this one, I think both teams do not get over 27 points. Hopefully there will be some snippets of defense played.
Indianapolis Colts at Tennessee Titans
- The Colts snatched defeat from the jaws of victory last Sunday night versus the Houston Texans. And in this one, they will start out trying to make up for it. Look for the Colts to score at least twenty points in the first half of the game.
- The Titans are on the second game of their three-game homestand. And the one thing they have done is hit some big plays in the passing game. In this one, they will dial that up yet again. Look for Titans quarterback Marcus Mariota to find either tight end Delanie Walker or wide receiver Kendall Wright on a big play to keep them in the game early on.
- Both teams are due offensively for a big game and this may just be it. Look for both teams to score over thirty points as an offensive explosion breaks out.
Minnesota Vikings at Philadelphia Eagles
- The Eagles have lost their last two and Carson Wentz has come back down to earth as a rookie quarterback. Well, this isn’t the game that he actually gets back on track. The Vikings defense will force him into a fumble along with picking off a pass from Wentz.
- On the other side of the field from the Eagles, Sam Bradford could not be happier. He was traded away from the Eagles and landed with a team that he has helped lead to 5-0. And in this game, he comes out to show the Eagles what they were missing. Look for Bradford to throw three touchdown passes and also have a completion percentage of 70%.
- The fans can often have an effect on games. And we all have heard the stories of how Philadelphia fans can be on players and teams. Well, we may get our first taste of the Eagles getting booed. But of course, that will happen after they probably boo Sam Bradford.
Cleveland Browns at Cincinnati Bengals
- The Bengals are looking to get back on the right track after last week’s loss in New England. And the best way to do that is to get their ground game going. They need either Jeremy Hill or Gio Bernard to step up and in this game, Hill will be the guy. Look for him to get at least 90 yards rushing in this one as he pounds the rock. And for good measure, he will get two touchdowns.
- The Browns have had their issues offensively this year and not having a consistent quarterback has not helped things. Well, this defense of the Bengals should be fired up heading into this one. So look for the Browns to be held under 300 total yards in this game.
- The Bengals have a guy on their defense that garners all kinds of attention for the wrong reasons. His name is Vontaze Burfict. And unfortunately in this game, he is involved in another questionable play. He may or may not be flagged for the play, but we all know that he will be involved in something. Sadly, he just has not learned from the past.
Buffalo Bills at Miami Dolphins …….
Click on link to read predictions on your favorite teams : http://www.sportsawakening.com/nfl/gp-7-3/
The General Mike Patton is an up-and-coming writer from Nashville, TN who brings a fresh and non-biased opinion about sports. From his radio experience in Nashville to his time as a sports writer for Free’s World, the website for radio personality and former cohost of BET’s 106 and Park Free (www.freesworld.com), The General is definitely one you want to get to know in the sports world. You can catch his work on SPORTSAWAKENING.COM. Mike grew up rooting for the San Francisco 49ers, Chicago Bulls and Chicago Cubs, and remains a passionate sports fan who expresses intelligent opinions. (Click on profile pic for more articles)
The Kyäni Triangle of Health features three key product families: Kyäni Sunrise, Kyäni Sunset, and Kyäni Nitro. Together, the products work synergistically to provide you and your family with unmatched nutrition for optimal health. Among many Superfoods and botannicals, the Triangle of Health offers the power of antioxidant-rich Wild Alaskan Blueberries, tocotrienols (the most potent form of Vitamin E), Omega-3s from Wild Alaskan Salmon, and Nitric Oxide-producing nitrates in one easy-to-use system.
Click on ad for more info or email email@example.com